Tuesday, May 5, 2015

T-shirt Yarn in a Bag

All along, I have been shipping my t-shirt yarn packaged in little drawstring bags made from t-shirt sleeves.  Up until yesterday, I didn't publicize this.  It didn't occur to me that it was necessary or important.  I thought of it as a nice little surprise for my customers.

Similarly, I began winding all my t-shirt yarn into center pull balls once I got a ball winder (and figured out to use it, why is that so hard? ?)  Again, not something I publicized until recently.

The response to my packaging technique has been really positive.  One customer went so far as to call it "mindful".  So with my latest shop update, I've revealed these two features.

You order this:

It arrives all snug and neat, looking like this:

Since the balls are all center pull, they can be kept in their bags as you work on your projects.  Unlike commercial yarn, which can offer a challenge only an explorer would enjoy, my yarn comes with a tag attached to the end you need to pull to start your yarn.  Its user friendly, start to finish.

I'm also trying something new this week by offering the yarn pictured above as a collection, a rainbow collection to be precise.  I'm offering the 7 balls together at a bulk discounted price to reward the larger order.  I'm curious to see what the response will be.

Also new this week:


Stop by SavedbyKate, check them out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment