Friday, May 1, 2015

Not the Week I Expected

I guess it just goes like that sometimes.  I had big plans that were waylaid by a spring cold that just knocked me on my butt.  I managed to get a few things done, like making this vintage inspired apron for a First Friday display at SewGreen in downtown Ithaca.


I feel like I've always looked at things with an eye towards upcycling, even before the term was popular.  Recently, I came across some pillowcases with funky designs and thought they deserved a second look.  Were they vintage?  No.  Were they exceptionally high thread count?  No.  Were they beautiful?  No.  What they were was unwanted by their owner, unstained, and, from my perspective, a challenge.


What will they become?  Aprons?  Drawstring bags?  Fabric squares?  I thought I'd have the answer for you already but, thanks to my cold, I'm still in the planning stages.  I'm excited to see what they evolve into.

Happy and healthy weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment