What a week it has been! I managed to get a ton of stuff done like this pillow that I has started last week. First pic is a front view, 2nd is the back side. Its an envelope style cover.
I'm so pleased with the way this came out. As I had hoped, I was able to get this done in time for the Maker Expo on Saturday and it featured prominently in my display.
Thanks to some extra time I put in earlier in the week, I had custom order listings live in my shop for Memory Pillows and T-shirt Memory Rugs. I still need to make one for custom Memory Throw Quilts but that didn't stop me from putting together a flyer for those three items to give out at the Maker Expo. The construction of this did not go smoothly, my printer and my laptop decided they hated each other. My son saved the day without lecturing me about how I should have gotten this done sooner, a song I've sang to him many times. I was very grateful.
The plan was to make two of the pillows and I am thrilled to report that the second pillow got finished yesterday. So many people this weekend talked about how much they loved the pockets on the pillows and how they would store their remotes in them. I honestly hadn't considered them for any practical use, I just liked the way they looked but it does seem like a great idea.
Looking to the week ahead, I'm not sure how much sewing I'll be able to get done for the shop. I've got some very unglamorous mending projects to get done, including sewing new elastic on my son's bed sheet, fixing buttons that are falling off a sweater, fixing a button band on another sweater the way it should have been done in the first place and hemming a shower curtain. My big shop goal for the week is to get the custom memory quilt listing live.
Have a great week!