Monday, May 2, 2016

Better Late Than Never!

I confess that this past week very much matches my description of the prior week.  I'm just pushing through to get as much done as I possibly can.

I've enlisted the help of my husband with some of the t-shirt yarn making process.  This has added a rather comical element to things.  I confess, I'm a control freak.  Currently, he is only allowed to stretch the t-shirt yarn and hopefully, one day, he'll learn that it doesn't require Herculean strength.  A gentle tug will do the job nicely.  In the interim, you might see some smaller skeins in the shop every now and then.  Like this one.



I've also begun to schedule some events which is both gratifying, because people want to see my stuff, and terrifying, because people are going to see my stuff!!  It really seemed like it was time to take this next step.  The first event I will be attending is a Maker Expo at the end of May.  This is not a selling event, although you can take orders.  It is billed more as a demonstration event.  More on my plans for that next week.

I've completed cutting and almost completed stretching the dyed batch of t-shirt yarn thanks to some help from my hubby.  I'm hoping to have that in the shop by the end of the week.  Actually, I'm hoping to have it in the shop by Thursday but I'll settle for the end of the week.  Looking forward, I hope to transition to working on some bags in the near future but it might not happen before next week.  Also there's the rug recipe to finish working on.

In other news, the debacle that is my workspace is slowly evolving and I do mean slowly.  Its hard to find time to organize while you're busy making so instead I've been moving stuff from side to side, from flat surface to other flat surface.  Jim took pity on me this weekend and moved stuff out of the room to help me get a jumpstart.  It's much improved but much of it is still in the hallway.  At least now, as I make  things I can put them where they belong and there's several clear flat surfaces to rest my coffee mug on.

There's a really delicate balance going on in my world right now as I juggle teaching yoga, working at the sewing shop, running my Etsy shop and family life.  My hours at have increased which is great given my husband's current lack of a paycheck (thanks Verizon, you greedy bastards) but its also taking its toll a bit.  I'm working hard to set reasonable goals for myself.

So with that in mind, I'm going to step away from the computer and go hang out with my hubby, watch an old movie and knit on my Tanhouse Brook Shawl which I am loving!  It's hard to see shawl pics when they're still on the needles but here's a peek.



See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment