Monday, May 16, 2016

What Inspires Me


This past week was very productive.  I was able to get at least 8 bags and liners cut out.  If you've been following me on Instagram, you've already seen these but if not, enjoy!  The floral fabric and the owl fabric are the liners.



I was thinking a lot about what inspires me to create.  In the case of these bags, I love the way the lining fabric peeks out a bit.  I wanted to find a way to use these fabrics as liners, especially the owls.

Another project I started working on this week that I'm finding really inspiring is a set of throw pillows.  They are clearly a memory project as they are being made from strips of clothing.


I find that I really enjoy planning and creating projects like this.  I like the challenge of fitting the disparate pieces together in a way that celebrates memories.  This will become a simple envelope pillow case.  Here's how it's turning out so far.

I think this type of project will become a special order option in my shop.  I'm heading to the CCLD Maker Expo this weekend and I'll be bringing this pillow.  I'm curious to see how it is received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment