Thursday, April 2, 2015

A New Way to Add Color

Who knew that you could take a plain black t-shirt and use just a little bleach to make something like this?

This discovery has added a whole new dimension to my t-shirt yarn.  I am hooked on the process.  I'm especially pleased because this also lends itself to something I'll be adding to my shop shortly, precut t-shirt squares for quilting.  How awesome would it be to have these colors in a cozy quilt?

More on this endevour shortly.  I've fallen behind on my shop and blog updates but I've been busy as can be getting things ready to go in the shop.  

In the interim, the push to expand my audience continues with two big steps outside my comfort zone in the past week.  First, I'll be teaching a class on how to make t-shirt yarn! That will be happening next week in downtown Ithaca.  

Getting that set up, gave me the courage to seek out another venue to teach t-shirt yarn making in.  The initial meeting went well, so more classes will be happening!  Crazy!  More on that soon.

In other news, the computer and photography gods despise me.  I'm working out a system to make this go more smoothly.

I'll leave you with this sage advice, never make several batches of the same color t-shirt yarn without labeling them all immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment